Uber is a ridesharing service that has been rocking the transport system for a good eight years now. Ever since its birth in San Francisco, the startup has been operating successfully in several US states. Now it’s active in over 80 countries around the world such as Singapore, Saudi Arabia, Australia and Canada.
For the frequent uber rider, it’s quite known that they’re not big on promoting promo codes for discounts and free rides. But they still exist and can come in handy when you need them. Here are three helpful ways you can use uber codes to your benefit.
- Use it to go to events for free
Two years ago, uber launched a service called UberEVENTS which allows hosts to offer free or discounted rides for their guests. If your host has purchased ride passes for its attendees, you can get the code from them and enter it in your app. It will automatically request a ride that has the event venue as destination. Depending on the package your host has purchased, you can either get a free ride or a discounted ride. Either way, you’re offered an easy way to reach your event safely and in style.
This feature is particularly useful in hosting formal events where the guests may face a difficulty finding a ride. Here’s how it works:
- Event organizers or hosts must register their event at www.uber.com/events.
- The event name, time, and location must be entered. Of course the city must be serviceable by uber for this to work.
- Then, they can purchase ride passes and distribute it to their guests by sharing the custom ride pass link or the promo code.
Now, their guests can enjoy a free or discounted ride to their chosen event! Next time you plan to attend an event, ask the organizers if they’re offering uber passes for free!
- Use it to register as a new user
Don’t have an uber account yet? Don’t miss your chance to register and get free rides. Register using an uber invite code and you’ll get discounted rides for free. The discount rates varies per country and are exclusive only to first time riders.
- Use it to invite friends and earn credits
Now that you’ve registered at uber and claimed your first free rides, it’s time to pay if forward! Every uber user has a unique invite code you can use to invite your friends to uber. By referring a new user to uber, you and your friend get free ride credits! Got friends who doesn’t have the app yet? Here’s how to invite them in:
- On your mobile device, open the uber app and tap on the menu button.
- On the menu list, select Free Rides.
- The page will display your unique invite code. Click on send invites and choose where to send them out
You may invite friends by entering their mobile number. You can also share your invite link by posting it on your social media accounts. If you want to customize your invite code, you may do so by logging on their website via desktop, and updating your code from there.