When I go out to pamper myself, I always consider the convenience and how close it is to my place. So when I learned that 3 of my favorites in Unimart Greenhills are having their grand opening, I had to go! But wait what are these 3 favorites of mine? Ooh La Lash, Hey Sugar! and Nailaholics ❤
Look at this super cute snacks at Ooh La Lash ❤
I love the idea of waking up with beautiful, long, thick lashes and never have to worry about wearing eye makeup. Because let’s face it, that’s what completes the look. If you wanna try having lash extensions, visit Ooh La Lash, the country’s most trusted lash extensions salon in Unimart Greenhills.
Lash Extensions are individual strands of synthetic lashes attached to your natural lashes one by one using special glue (they use either the pro or sensitive glue, the technician used the latter on me)
So you want to try it but want to know what preparations you need to do before eyelash extensions, according to the lash experts at Ooh La Lash, you should:
- Make sure to cleanse your eyes and remove any eye makeup or product applied as it may interfere with the adhesives and may cause reaction.
- Make sure you don’t have the following conditions: Conjunctivitis, Cataracts, Glaucoma, Styes, Alopecia, Blepharitis or if your are undergoing chemotherapy.
- You cannot have eyelash extensions if you have had an eye operation/eye surgery within the last 6 months.
- If you have scarring to the eye area, eyelash extension service should be performed 6 months after the scarred area has been healed.
- Contact lenses cannot be worn before and directly after the eyelash extension service.
- If you wear glasses, don’t forget to bring these with you so the lash technician can make sure there is room for your lashes to grow.
Lastly, don’t forget to inform the lash technician if you suffer from claustrophobia or have any neck problems. They are well-trained and capable of answering any concern you may have.
You’d be surprised to know that there are a lot of options to choose from when it comes to lash extensions. At Ooh La Lash, you have the freedom to choose your curl, length and thickness. Go for Light and Natural (30-50 lashes) for natural-looking lashes that would go unnoticed, Classic (51-85 lashes) that’s has the perfect length and curl to add oomph to your everyday look, Diva (86-130 lashes) for voluminous lashes with ultimate curl and length that scream va va voom! and Vixen (Unlimited lashes) for long and beaut-full lashes to die for.
I chose the Vixen lashes.
They look really pretty right? And don’t worry it doesn’t hurt but gotta be honest, the whole process is a tad bit uncomfortable because I almost had my eyes closed for an hour and I could feel the technician attaching them to my lashes. However, once you see the results – any feeling of discomfort goes away. All products and materials used by Ooh La Lash are FDA-approved and are safe and globally-accepted and all lash technicians are certified by TESDA.
Before I chose Vixen, I asked them if my lashes could take it. I suggest that you always consult the lash experts at Ooh La Lash to asses which kind of extensions are best for your lashes. Some might have thin lashes that may be too weak to carry a heavier extension.
Important: Eyelash Extensions Aftercare
FOR THE FIRST 48 HOURS AFTER THE SERVICE
- Avoid wetting your lashes.
- Avoid swimming or exposure to heat
- Do not apply oil-based creams and lotions on or around your eyes.
- Do not apply eye or lash makeup.
- Avoid eyelash tinting, perming or chemical eyelash treatments.
- Avoid sleeping on side or stomach.
AFTER 48 HOURS
- Avoid excessive exposure to heat or steam when swimming, showering or exercising.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes and do not pick or pull your extensions as it might pull off your natural lashes.
- Avoid using oil based makeup remover as it can weaken the adhesives and might cause your lashes to fall off fast.
- If you choose to wear mascara, strictly buy the water-based type.
- Do not use eyelash curlers.
Visit http://oohlalash.com.ph/ for more details!
Ever since I started getting hair removal (wax), I don’t shave anymore, TMI I’m sorry haha. Anyway, it’s an A++ for me to know that Hey Sugar! uses 100% naturally hypoallergenic sugar wax that minimizes side effects such as allergic reactions and chemical irritations caused by traditional wax— you get a gentler yet effective way to keep the skin smooth and hair-free. With Hey Sugar! recent opening in the newly renovated Unimart in Greenhills Shopping Center – Hey Sugar keeps on sharing the “organic way of life” to more and more people in the Metro. They even ask you if you want cold or hot wax to be used.
But what’s so special with organic products?
- Less health risks
As said before, most of the beauty products available in the market today contain a standard cocktail of chemicals, which do more harm your skin than good. This, combined with exposure to harmful pesticides and preservatives used on the food sold in supermarkets, can give rise to a number of diseases.
- Lower exposure to allergens
The chemicals commonly used in beauty products, whether to strengthen its effects or extend shelf life, can cause skin irritation and trigger allergies, particularly for those with sensitive skin.
Organic products may seem less effective compared to their chemical counterparts, but are gentler on the skin and has no side effects.
- Helps nourish your skin
Organic and all-natural beauty products are all plant-based. Meaning, the main ingredients used in these products come from directly from plants or parts of plants and come with nourishing power. In the same way that you are advised to eat your fruits and vegetables regularly to keep the rest of your body healthy, putting on all-natural products on the skin will definitely help supply it with much-needed vitamins and minerals to boost its health.
- Better quality products
There’s a lot of effort and detail that goes into the production of an all-organic, product, if only because they want to encourage more people to see the benefits of going chemical-free.
- (Almost) Painless Regimen
Waxing is arguably one of the most tedious and painful beauty regimens anyone has to go through, but through organic options—particularly sugar wax, which wraps thoroughly around the hair and allow for a cleaner pull, pain is greatly reduced.
Drop by Hey Sugar Unimart and expect a clean and inviting waxing haven and leave it all to the hands of expert aestheticians trained to deliver the best sugar waxing services.
Hey Sugar! Waxing Salon currently has 25 locations nationwide, including in UP Town Center, Festival Supermall, SM Bicutan, SM Sta. Rosa, SM Bacolod, SM Calamba, Harbor Point, and our newest branch Hey Sugar Unimart Greenhills. To know more, follow them on facebook.com/HeySugarWaxingPh, instagram.com/instagram.com/heysugar_waxingsalon/ and Twitter.com/HeySugar_waxing. For bookings, contact: 0936-642-0530.
My go-to mani-pedi salon, Nailaholics shares how to extend the life of your beautiful manicure and pedicure (because if I get the regular ones, trust that it will be ruined before I step out of the door haha thank goodness for gel polishes!)
- Make sure your nails are moisturized before getting your manicure. Hydrated nail beds cause less nail breakage and chips.
- Always use a base coat before painting colour on. This protects your nails from staining and also acts as a great adhesive for the polish ensuring lasting colour.
- Apply thin coats of polish with every stroke. It dries quickly and doesn’t cause bubbles.
- Wait a couple of minutes between each coat to make sure the nail polish adheres properly to its base.
- A horizontal swipe across the tip of your nails after your final coat, along the edge, seals the colour in and protects your nails against chipping.
- If you’re rushing, dip your tips in ice cold water to harden the nail polish quicker.
- To extend the life (and shine) of your manicure, apply really thin coats of topcoat every other day.
- Be sure to wear gloves while doing the dishes—water expands the nail bed and causes nail polish to chip.
- Cuticle oil helps freshen up your manicure and moisturize your hand.
- Be careful when applying skin care products. Certain types can cause nail polish to dull and discolour like sunscreen and mosquito repellents.
Super love how comfy it is in any Nailaholics branches, they also offer refreshments so don’t be shy to ask!
How pretty is that??
To book your appointments today, contact 0956-846-2352 for Nailaholics Unimart located at the Mezzanine Level of Unimart Greenhills Shopping Center, San Juan City.
They also gifted me this goodie bag. So far, I’m loving the Color Freeze and the Morocco Argan Oil. I gave the hair clay to Greg because I don’t use one haha. Will try the Color Save soon!
I was super incredibly thankful for attending this event because it was my bestfriend’s wedding the next day. I got my much needed sesh all thanks to Ooh La Lash, Hey Sugar! and Nailaholics at Unimart Greenhills, San Juan at the Mezzanine Level ❤