In 2014, Makati City was announced as the Selfie Capital of the World. I was working at that time as an English Coach Apprentice in one of the leading BPO companies in the country and guess what, my office was in Makati City! I know for a fact that I am one of the 100,000 netizens who used the #selfie hashtag and had my geolocation turned on while in the area. You’re welcome Makati City! Haha.
2 years later, nothing has changed when it comes to taking selfies though I kind of took it down a notch, I realised that I have actually gotten better at doing it.
Let me share my five tips on how to take the perfect selfie:
- Good lighting. A natural light always works best on selfies. When you have good lighting, it’s so easy to edit it or even just post it as it is #NoFilter. If you are indoors, face the window/door to let that sun shine on your face.
- Find the right filter. I use VSCO to edit my photos. I make sure that the brightness on my phone is at 100% so I can clearly see how the filters look like on my photo. With a good lighting, I just use KK1 to bring out my tan. No manual editing is needed.
- Work on your best angle. All of us have their best angle. Find out yours by posing in front of a mirror or even taking photos to try out which side you think you look best. Once you find that, work on it like Beyoncé!
- Take more than one photo. I usually take around 10 photos just to make sure that I will have a good one to post. I learned the hard way when my makeup was on fleek, took one selfie and later during the day I realised that there was a photobomber. Story of my life. But anyway, the technique is to play around with your smile and choose later which one is the nicest. Keep on snapping!
5. Use a good selfie camera phone like OPPO F1 Selfie Expert. This is essential in getting the best selfies! The OPPO F1 houses an 8-megapixel front facing camera with a wide f/2.0 aperture lens and a sensor size of ¼ inches. This allows for more light to enter the camera so you can take a clear selfie, because lets be real sometimes the ideal lighting condition is not always available when we are in the mood to take selfies. Bonus feature is the patented Screen Flash. I love Snapchat because of this and it’s great to finally have this on an actual camera phone. It converts the F1’s entire display into a camera flash, with a carefully adjusted brightness level optimized for natural-looking shots.
I hope these tips would help you out in taking the perfect selfie! And to know more about OPPO F1 visit http://www.OPPO.com/ph/smartphone-f1/
And don’t forget to follow and like OPPO for promos and updates: